Monday, September 19, 2011

Zipping 600 ft over the Catskill Mountains

As I step up to the platform, I can feel my legs about to give out. The instructor begins to strap my harness to the cable. My body is shaking as much as a washing machine, while it is on the rinse cycle. I have about 20 seconds left to clear my mind before I have to take off. I close my eyes and remember why I am here. I have decided to step out of my comfort zone, and take a risk. My heart is pounding against my chest when I hear the instructor say go. I begin to run faster than I ever have before; I lift my knees to my chest and lean back. It feels like I am going 70 mph as I sore across the line. I begin to realize that this is a wonderful experience. I look down and see that for once the trees are under me. I finally came to the conclusion that zip lining is not as scary as it looks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely description of a scary thing to do. Please correct the word soar. Otherwise, you have perfect grammar and mechanics.

    ReplyDelete